Honey used by man since thousands of years ago. It is not surprise to write this post about benefits of honey. Many people today are using honey for health benefits even other use honey as a food. Scientists have discovered many benefits of honey to the health of human since many centuries ago. In this post we are going to see benefits of honey by focusing the common problems in our community which are solved by eating honey.
1. Honey prevents growth of bacteria and fungi. Scientist In the field of medicine recommended that honey need to be at concentration of 30-50% so as to prevent growth of bacteria and fungi. Traditionally people were using honey to treat their injuries and skin problems like burning. Thanks to this characteristics of honey to prevent grow of bacteria and fungi
2. Ant cough properties; honey is known to prevent cough or to treat cough. Thanks to the capacity of honey to dilute bronchial secretion and to improve the function of bronchial epithelium. People from much tradition are using honey to treat victims of cough by drinking honey.
3. Honey known to prevent and treat diarrhea; when honey put at the concentration of 40% has properties of preventing effects of bacteria such as salmon ere, flagella, enter pathogen and others. These bacteria’s are known to cause diarrhea to the people.
4. Wound healing and at-inflammatory properties; honey used to treat wound of any type such as surgical wound burning wound. In addition the use of honey my help to treat some types of ulcers formed inside the body.
5. Honey is a good source of important nutrients in our body; beside the fact that honey is easy digestible food, it contains protein, lipids, enzymes and vitamins. One tablespoon contains 60 calories and 11g of carbohydrate, 1mg of calcium, 0.2mg of iron, 0.1mg of vitamin B and 1mg of vitamin C.