ENGLISH STANDARD FOUR
ENGLISH FOR PRIMARY SCHOOL STANDARD FOUR
WEEKLY TEST ENGLISH SUBJECT STANDARD FOUR.
NAME:______________________ DATE ________________________________________
SECTION A: DICTATION
Listen carefully words of short sentences read by the teacher and write them carefully in the spaces provided bellow:-
SECTION B: VOCABULARY
Choose the correct answer from the box bellow and complete the question 6 - 10:-
Passenger maid thief beggar princess palace king conductor bus stop
- 6. In a bus the job of conductor is to collect money or tickets from the ___________________
- 7. My father brought a new ____________ to help my mother in the house works
- 8. In the market Ashura saw a ______________ who was asking money and food from people.
- 9. A ________________ wanted to steal a my father’s bag
- ________________ is a daughter of the king
SECTION C: TENSES
Choose the correct answer from the brackets to fill the blanks spaces
- 11. We ___________ the song yesterday (sing/sang)
- 12. Pupils _____________ in the classroom (was/were)
- 13. Yesterday I ________________ ugali (ate/eat)
- 14. She was _________________ football (playing/played)
- 15. They ______________ making noise (were/was)
SECTION D: COMPOSITION
Choose the word from the box bellow and fill the questions number 16. - 20.
Room wake up surprised pupil room television school
Zaina is a standard four 16. ____________. Yesterday she didi not 17. _____________ early. She slept early at night because she 18. __________________ watching television. Her sister went to her 19. _______________to wake her up. Zaina was 20. _____________ to see her brother.
SECTION E: COMPREHENSION
Read the following story and answer question number 21 - 25
Today the standard four teacher came to our class. She announced that there would be a singing competition. She said that standard four pupils would compete with standard five in the afternoon. During the competition, we would sing the National Anthem
She also said that the winner would get two balls. We were happy to hear that. We started to practise singing. We sang the song very well. We hoped to win the competition. All standard four pupils would be happy.
- Which classes would compete ______________________________________________
- What did standard four teacher announced ____________________________________
- Which song were they going to sing _________________________________________
- Which gift were the winners going to get _____________________________________
- What is the story about? ___________________________________________________
Download kitabu hiki hapa