Malaria is one of the dangerous (26)__________in Africa. It can cause death. It can cause death. It is transmitted by a female mosquito called (27)_____________. This mosquito bites at night.The signs of malaria include fever and chills. In order to prevent malaria, we have to wear long –sleeve shirts and light coloured clothes in the (28)______________. This is because black colours (29)____________ mosquitoes. Therefore, white coloured clothes are better than black coloured ones. We also have to sleep under (30)____________ nets
SECTION C TENSES
Use the correct tense of the word in the brackets and fill in the blank spaces.
31. Anna ___________________ (like) to watch cartoons on television
32. She _________________ (visit) her uncle yesterday
33. When the teacher __________ (enter) the classroom, we all stand up.
34. The pupils ____________ (see) many animals at the park
35. The children are _______________ (sing) outside the house now.
36. Mwajuma and Pili are _____________ (come) today
37. Did you _______________ (make) this cake yesterday?
38. Sometimes Ashura ___________________ (cray) during the the night.
39. ________ (be) Asha watching television now?
40. Last day our English teasher _______ (teach) us.
QUESTION D COMPREHENSION
Read the following passage and then answer questions 41- 45.
Mdundiko and his wife, Mazoea are armers. They have a big farm. They have three children. One of their children is a girl and two are boys. All children study at Mwendapole Primary school.
From Monday to Thursday, Mdundiko works with his wife on the farm. After work on the farm, they clean their house together. Their children help them with some of the house works every evening.
On Friday, Mdundiko and his wife go to the market. He sells oranges and pears from their farm. Mazoea sells cabbages and spinach. Sometimes, they visit their family friends on saturdays. On Sundays, the family rests at home.
41. What three things does Mdundiko do during the week?______________
42. What does the family do on Sunday? _________________________
43. At what school do the children study? ___________________________
44. How does the family get the money? ______________________________
45. What do they do on Saturday? ________________________________
Read the following passage and then answer questions 46 - 50
My name is Ally. I am ten years old. I am in standard four. My brothers are Juma and Abdallah. They teach at Mwongozo secondary school. My sisters are Aisha and Amina. Aisha is eleven years old. She is in standard seven. We study together at Mbuyuni primary school. Amina is nine years older than Aisha. She has a shop. She sells rice, sugar, maize flour, beans and bread. She is very hard working. Many people like to buy things from her shop because she uses polite language. We all live in Babati town.
46. . How many children are there in Ally’s family?
47. Who is the youngest in Ally’s family_____________________
48. How old is Amina?
49. Why do many people like to _______things at Amina’s shop?