STANDARD FOUR ENGLISH TEST 17
SECTION A: DICTATION:
listen and write the words/simple sentences read by the invigilator in the spaces provided.
- 1. _____________________________
- 2. _____________________________
- 3. __________________________
- 4. ___________________________
- 5. ______________________________
Choose the most correct answer and write its letter in the space provided.
- 6. Mr. Rajii sells beef so he is a ___ a. cook b. butcher c. shoper d. seller
- 7. My aunt gave birth to my _______ a. niece b. cousin c. uncle d. brother
- 8. An opposite of a word child is _____ a. elder b. older c. adult d. young
- 9. The plural form of a word foot is ____ a. foots b. footes c. feet d. footies
- 10. Pen, pencils and books are called ____ a. tools b. stationary c. sets d bunch
- 11. A group of ship is called ________ a. Shoal b. fleet c. flock d. swam
- 12. A person who controls a ship is a ____ a. Pilot b. driver c. captain d. nurse
- 13. A place where we buy meat is called ____ a. Milk b. diary c. butchery d. shop
- 14. Hen, duck and goose are ___a. poultry b. fruits c. meat d. animal
- 15. A plural of knife is _______ a. knives b. knifes c. knifs d. knifies
Use the correct tense of the word in the brackets and fill in the blank spaces.
- 16. Everyday I ___ my hands before a meals. a. wash b. washes c. washing d. wosh
- 17. They __________ start this work tomorrow. a. Shall b. will c. is d. was
- 18. Asha and Pili ____ writing their homework now. a. are b. is c. was d. were
- 19. She ________ born since 2010 a. Were b. was c. am d. will
- 20. That book _____ to me a. belongs b. belong c. belonging d. belonged
- 21. Sometimes Halima ______ at night a. cry b crying c. cries d cried
- 22. She has _______ Ungali a. eat b. eaten c. eating d. eats
- 23. I __ this video two days ago a. watch b. watched c. watching d. watches
- 24. Did you___ to your to sister yesterday? a. listen b. listened c. listening d. listens
- 25. At this moment Ali _____ reading in the library a. is b. was c. are d. were
SECTION D: GRAMMAR
Fill in the blanks by choosing the correct word from the box.
any from few little by of
- 26. There are _______ oranges in my box.
- 27. There is ________ water in the bucket.
- 28. My father went to Nairobi ______ car.
- 29. Our teacher is coming _______ Morogoro.
- 30. My grandfather died _______ cholera
Fill in the blanks by choosing the correct word from the bracket.
- 31. Ashura is walking _________ (slow/slowly)
- 32. I like ugali ________ rice (than/to)
- 33. I prefer juice ______ soda (to/than)
- 34. The underlined letters in a word player are (suffix/prefix)
- 35. this pen belongs to my mother, it is (hers/her)
SECTION E: WRITING AND COMPREHENSION
Read the following and answer the questions below:-
Mr. And Mrs. Njoli are inviting Mr. Msenga to attend the graduation of their niece on Friday in January 22nd next year. This event will be held at Mwilu hall from 7:30 am to 2:00 pm.
For more information dial 0788213321
- 36. Who is a writer of this invitation? _________________________
- 37. What is main objective of this card ________________________
- 38. On which day this event will be held _______________________
- 39. Where this event will be held _____________________________
- 40. Write the contact of a writer ____________________________
Read the following letter and answer the questions below:-
P .O.BOX 45
22nd of April 2019
I hope you are in good health, for my self I am fine thanks to God.
I wrote this letter to tell you that I lost my school bag. I have been two weeks now since I got this problems. So please tell my father about this.
Your young brother
- 41. Who is a writer of this letter ______________________________________
- 42. To whom this letter is going _______________________________________
- 43. What type of letter is this? _________________________________________
- 44. When this letter is written _________________________________________
- 45. Write a senders address ___________________________________________
My name is Aisha mkwawa. I am ten years old. I like rice and beef. I don’t like rice and beans. I like chips with fish and salad. I like buns too. I dislike pancakes, ugali and sweet potatoes.
I also have a friend. Her name is Frida. She likes so many things. She likes mangoes, milk and chicken. She also likes sports and games. She likes to play football. She dislikes wrestling and boxing.
- 46. What type of food does Aisha dislike?___________________________
- 47. What does Frida like?___________________________
- 48. Who dislikes pancakes? _________________________________________
- 49. What is the name of my friend? ______________________
- 50. How old am I ______________________________________