STANDARD FOUR ENGLISH TEST 00
SECTION A: DICTATION:
listen and write the words/simple sentences read by the invigilator in the spaces provided.
Choose the most correct answer and write its letter in the space provided.
- M Rajii sells beef so he is a ___ a. cook b. butcher c. shoper d. seller
- My aunt gave birth to my _______ a. niece b. cousin c. uncle d. brother
- An opposite of a word child is _____ a. elder b. older c. adult d. young
- The plural form of a word foot is ____ a. foots b. footes c. feet d. footies
- Pen, ruler, pencils and books are callled ____ a. tools b. stationary c. sets d bunch
Use the correct tense of the word in the brackets and fill in the blank spaces.
- Sometimes Halima ______ at night a. cry b crying c. cries d cried
- She has _______ Ungali a. eat b. eaten c. eating d. eats
- I ___ Television since two days ago a. watch b. watched c. watching d. watches
- Did you ______ to your sister yesterday? a. listen b. listened c. listening d. listens
- At this moment Daud _____ reading in the library a. is b. was c. are d. were
SECTION D: GRAMMAR
Fill in the blanks by choosing the correct word from the box.
- There are _______ oranges in my box.
- There is ________ water in the bucket.
- My father went to Nairobi ______ car.
- Our teacher is coming _______ Morogoro.
- My grandfather died _______ cholera
SECTION E: WRITING AND COMPREHENSION
Read the following and answer the questions below:-
- Who is a writer of this letter _________________________
- To whom this letter is going __________________________
- What type of letter is this? _______________________
- When this letter is written _______________________
- Write a senders address __________________________