STANDARD FOUR ENGLISH TEST 00
SECTION A: DICTATION:
listen and write the words/simple sentences read by the invigilator in the spaces provided.
Choose the most correct answer and write its letter in the space provided.
- A meat of hen is called ________ a. mutton b. chicken c . beef d. pork
- A young cat is called __________ a. piglet b. duckling c. kitten d. hatchling
- A person who cuts hair is called a. hair cutter b. barber c. baba d. cook
- Give me a slices of ___________ bread a. keys b. cake c. grapes d. bottle
- A daughter of your sister is called _________ a. nephew b. niece c. cousin
SECTION C: TENSES:
Use the correct tense of the word in the brackets and fill in the blank spaces.
- My father __ironing his clothes a. is b. are c were d has.
- King lion was ____ a crown a. wearing b. wear c. weared d. wears
- Jane ______ maize yesterday. a. cooked b. cook c. cooks d. cooking
- Halima _____ play football next week. a. is b. shall c. will d was
- My mom ______ a good song every night a. sing b. sings c. sung d. singing.
SECTION D: GRAMMAR Fill the blanks:
- The time is __________________
- They ran away __________ (quick/quickly).
- An elephant is _________ than lion (big/bigger)
- How ______ people are there at this moment? (much/many)
- The book is ________ the table (on/in)
SECTION D: COMPREHENSION:
Read the following passage and then answer questions 21- 25.
21. What type of letter is this? _______ a. friendly letter, b. official letter
c. invitation letter d. card letter
22. Who wrote this letter? _____ a. Adam b. mother, c. friends d. family
23On what date did this letter written _____ a. 10/3/2019 b. 10 March, 2018
c. 11 March, 2018 d. 10 March, 2017
24. Where this is going to _______ a. mother b. Adam c. Nakawa d. Village.
25. Where does Adam live? ______ a. Nakawa village b. Tunduru village
ruvuma village d. family village.