listen and write thewords/simple sentences read by the invigilator in thespaces provided.
Choose the most correct answer and write its letter in the space provided.
6. He is our______, he teaches in our school a. teacher b. butcher c. doctor d. driver
7. A ________ is a young one of the cat a. kitten b. calf c. puppy d. chick
8. A ________ works in a farm to plant vegetables a. nurse b. pilot c. farmer d. cook
9. A place where bread are made is called __ a. bakery b. hospital c. market d. factory
10. How many days are there in a week ______ a. six b. seven c. ten d. eleven
11. A person who fly an aeroplane is called_____ a. pilot b. driver c. captain d. rider
12. A ___ is a person who makes furniture a. carpenter b. optician c. fishers d. grocer
13. A plural form of a word baby is a. babs b. babes c. babied d. babies.
14. A meat of cow is called ______ a. beef b. mutton c. pork d. chicken
15. A group of teachers is called _____ a. pride b. staff c. herd d. swam
Use the correct tense of the word in the brackets and fill in the blank spaces.
16. I _______ (be) playing football now
17. Yesterday I _______ (cook) ugali
18. Tomorrow morning we shall _______ (do) a test
19. She always __________ (walk) in front of a car
20. Halima and Juma ______ (be) crying in the staff office now
21. They are _________ television now (watch, watching, watched)
22. _________ I your brother? (am, is, are)
23. Do you _______ a book? (has, have, did)
24. Mwajuma ________ take her book tomorrow (will, shall, is)
25. Everyday I ________ to school by foot. (go, gone, goes)
SECTION D: GRAMMAR
Fill in the blanks by choosing the correct word from the box.
any from many little by on
26. How _______ oranges are there in my box.
27. There is ________ water in the bucket.
28. My father went to Nairobi ______ car.
29. Our teacher is coming _______ Morogoro.
30. I like to travel _____ foot
Fill in the blanks by choosing the correct word from the bracket.
31. Ashura is jumping _________ (slow/slowly)
32. I like ugali ________ rice (than/to)
33. I prefer juice ______ soda (to/than)
34. The underlined letters in a word player are ___________(suffix/prefix)
35. This pen belongs to us , so it is _____________ (yous/ours)
SECTION E: WRITING AND COMPREHENSION
Read the following and answer the questions below:-
Contact inviting at Friday friends
The family of Mr.Karume Kenge is 36. ______________ Madam Hajirat to attend birthday ceremony of their daughter Huruma. The event will be held at their home on 37. ________of this week. The event will start 38. _________ 7:30 am to 10:00 am. Please came with your two 39._________ you like.
For more 40__________ dial 0620555380
Fill the blanks spaces in the box by giving a correct answer:-
Read the following passage and answer the questions below:-
My name is Aisha Mkwawa. I am ten years old. I like rice and beef. I don’t like rice and beans. I like chips with fish and salad. I like buns too. I dislike pancakes, ugali and sweet potatoes.
I also have a friend. Her name is Frida. She likes so many things. She likes mangoes, milk and chicken. She also likes sports and games. She likes to play football. She dislikes wrestling and boxing.
My father is called James, he is a teacher at Mwendapole primary school. He teaches English and Kiswahili. My brother is called Majuto. He is a carpenter. I like my father, my brother and my family.
46. How old is Aisha? ______________________________
47. Who is a friend of Aisha? __________________________
48. What does Aisha like _______________________
49. Who is a carpenter? ______________________________
50. In which school does my father works _________________________